Common Core Based Language
Objective: The purpose of this book is to help students learn the 6th grade Common Core State Standards for language and be able to apply these standards into their everyday lives.
Students will accomplish these objectives by completing a variety of activities that help utilize multiple learning modalities. These lessons and worksheets also incorporate the best practices of education by using Direct Interactive Instruction (DII) as a method of learning the material. Whether a teacher has been trained in these strategies is not important as many of the worksheets give the teacher a step-by-step guide to help the students master the standards.
- Setting Off Non-Restrictive / Parenthetical Clauses using commas, dashes, and parentheses CCSS L.6.2a
- Subjective, Objective, Possessive Pronouns CCSS L.6.1a
- Pronouns: Number, Gender, Person CCSS L.6.1c
- Fixing Vague Pronouns CCSS L.6.1d
- Intensive and Reflexive Pronouns CCSS L.6.1b
- Variety of Sentence Patterns CCSS L.6.3a
- Comma Rules CCSS L.6.2a
- Capitalization Rules CCSS L.6.2
- Vocabulary Acquisition: Greek and Latin Roots / Context Clues CCSS L.6.4
If you are looking for help teaching the Common Core State Standards for Grade 6 Language, you’ve found it. Every single worksheet in this book was designed specifically to meet every one of these standards. The worksheets were literally created with the standard as the central theme and most worksheets have the standard written right on the page.
The best way to get a real sense of what this book offers is to download the preview copy. (Click Here to download an 82 page preview copy.) It will not take you long to realize that this book completely covers the CCSS for 6th grade language.